We help you comply with local laws, license and protect your IP, and modify your app or game for China.
AppInChina Pay is the best way to integrate WeChat Pay & Alipay in-app payments into your game or app.
Launch your app or game on China's Apple App Store and the top 15 Android app stores in China.
Half of China plays mobile games. We will get them playing yours by taking care of every step - from distribution to promotion to monetization.
We provide custom UA services for the Chinese market with analytics, ASO and CPD campaigns.
We can test your app or game for dependencies and provide SDKs and cloud services that work in China.
With our local hosting service, you can comply with Chinese law and provide the best user experience.
We will bring your company, product, and service into full compliance with Chinese law.
Accept WeChat Pay and Alipay and manage them in English on your client backend, with API support. We also pay all Chinese taxes on your behalf.
We offer solutions for eCommerce, Software as a Service (SaaS), WeChat Mini Programs, and more.
Read and subscribe to our blog to catch up on the latest industry trends and news from China.
Research English translations of official government policies and communication on the mobile apps and games market.
A wealth of data on the China app and games market, in easy to digest visual format.
Search all the game license approvals in China in English with this handy tool, updated monthly.
Is your website available to Chinese users? Enter your URL to test your site’s availability in Mainland China and find out.
Updated quarterly, the AppInChina App Store Index is the market-leading index of China's largest Android app stores.
Updated quarterly, the AppInChina Game Store Index ranks the most popular Android game stores on the Chinese market.
The AppInChina App Index ranks the best-performing Android apps in the Chinese market.
The AppInChina Mobile Game Index tracks the top 20 mobile games in China across all platforms (iOS and Android).
Updated quarterly, the AppInChina Mobile Device Index ranks the top 20 most popular mobile device brands in China today.
Meet the team and learn why we are the most trusted company for foreign app distribution and marketing in Mainland China.
We are proud to count the world's most respected companies and brands among our clients. Read some stories of their successful launches in China.
Major news outlets regularly cite AppInChina for the most current data and insights into trends regarding the Chinese mobile app market.
Ready to plunge into the rewarding environment of a fast-growing company? See what we have to offer here in the heart of China.
1. “Decision of the State Council on Establishing Administrative Licensing for Administrative Examination and Approval Projects That Must Be Retained” (State Council Decree No. 412) Annex No. 328: Examination and Approval of Publishing Electronic Publications (including Internet Game Works) Authorized by Overseas Copyright Owners.
2. “Administrative Regulations on Audiovisual Products” (in accordance with the third revision of the “Decision of the State Council on Amending Certain Administrative Regulations” of February 6, 2016) Article 28: “Imported audiovisual products for publication, and imports for Finished audiovisual products such as wholesale, retail, and rental shall be reported to the competent administrative department of publishing under the State Council for content review. “Article 48:” Except for Article 35 of these regulations, the publication, production, reproduction, These regulations apply to activities such as import, wholesale and retail. “
1. The publishing unit must be an electronic publication publishing unit.
2. For electronic games authorized by overseas copyright holders issued by non-publishing units, the issuing unit must have a distribution license.
3. The electronic game authorized by the reported foreign copyright owner has fulfilled the copyright contract registration procedures at the National Copyright Administration.
4. The game contents conform to the laws and regulations such as the Regulations on Publishing Management.
Meet the requirements of related aggregate, structure and layout planning.
The application unit submits the publication approval application materials to the local provincial publishing management department, and the provincial publishing management department reviews and agrees to submit to the State Press and Publication Administration for approval.
80 working days from the date of acceptance of the application.
Materials To Submit
1. Request documents of the local provincial publication management department to the State Press and Publication Administration:
2. “Publishing an Application for Authorization of Electronic Game Publications by Overseas Copyright Owners” Form:
3. Reply to the Copyright Contract Registration of the National Copyright Administration (Photocopy):
4. Publishing contract and business license of game agency (copy):
5. Issuance contract and issuance license (copy) of the issuing unit:
6. Introduction to the levels of the video game or winning strategy:
7. Color pictures (electronic files) of the main tasks and main scenes of the video game:
8. Chinese script of game (electronic documents):
9. Video game publication sample:
10. A CD-ROM containing the materials from the second to the eighth items above:
Note: On July 8, 2020, this document was linked to by Apple in a notice sent to developers regarding game licenses on the Apple App Store China:
As you may know, Chinese law requires games to obtain an approval number from China’s National Press and Publication Administration. In order to keep your paid game or game with in-app purchases available on the App Store in China mainland, enter your approval number and supporting documentation in the App Information section of your game’s page in App Store Connect and submit an update to App Review by July 31. After July 31, your game will no longer be available on the App Store in China mainland until an approval number is provided with your next submission.
Send us a message with your questions. We'll put together a custom plan tailored to your needs.Get Started Now